Phak-Tamlueng in Coconut Cream Soup
|Chao Koh Coconut Cream||1 cup|
|Phak-tamlueng leaves and young shoots||4 cups|
|Shrimps-deveined and shelled||½ cup|
|Seasoning powder, spice-flavor||¼ teaspoon|
|Chopped shallot||¼ cup|
|Pounded dried shrimps||¼ cup|
Mix the ingredients for soup paste and pound to a dine texture
1. Bring Coconut Cream and water to boil in pot, then add the soup paste, mix and allow to boil again.
2. As the soup is boiling, add Phak-tamlueng.
3. Wait, then add shrimps and allow it to cook until done. Do not stir.
4. When shrimps are done, add the seasoning powder, stir once and remove from heat.
It is best to serve immediately while hot
· Other vegetable such as Phak-Waan, pumpkin and pumpkin tips or shoots may be used in place of Phak-tamlueng, with equally good result.
· The soup paste may use cooked fresh instead of dried shrimps,offering a pleasing variation.