Gaeng Khua Pumpkin with Roast Pork
|Chao Koh Coconut Cream||1 cup|
|Gaeng Khua Paste||1 recipe|
|Pounded dried shimps||¼ cup|
|Roast pork, sliced to bite-size pieces||1 cup|
|Pumpkin, cut to bite-size cubes||2 cups|
|Plam sugar||1 tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 tablespoon|
Gaeng Khua Paste
|Seeded chillies, soaked and squeeze dry||7 dried fruits|
|Shredded galangal||1 teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced lemon grass||1 ½ tablespoons|
|Chopped garlic||2 tablespoons|
|Chopped shallot||¼ cup|
|Shrimp paste||1 teaspoon|
Pound all ingredients for Gaeng Khua Paste into a fine texture.
1. Stir-fry the paste with ½ cup Coconut Cream and dried shrimps in a pot to bring out good aroma. Add gradually more Coconut Cream just to enough prevent any burning.
2. Add roast pork and stir shortly.
3. Add the remaining Coconut Cream, water and pumpkin. Bring it to boiling until the pumpkin is cooked.
4. Season with palm sugar and fish sauce to taste, and remove from heat.
Paste, at one packet per cooking.
· Herbs are not needed to flavor Gaeng Khua.
· Pumpkin maybe replaced by santol, pineapple or any other kinds of vegetable.