Massaman Curry with Beef
|Chao Koh Coconut Milk||2 cups|
|Coconut Milk Mixed with Water||4 cups (Ratio 2 : 2)|
|Beef||1 ½ pounds (About 700 grams)|
|Massaman Curry Paste||2 leaves|
|Potato (Chop and soak in cold water)||1 unit|
|Tamarind Juice||4 tablespoons|
|Fish Sauce||½ cup|
|Palm Sugar||220 grams|
|Roasted Peanut||1 cup|
1. Heat 1 cup of coconut milk in a pot on a medium heat.
2. When it is starting to boil, add massaman curry paste and stir-fry until it is well-mixed. Remove from heat.
3. Heat coconut milk mixed with water in a pot on a medium heat. Wait until it’s boiled, then add beef.
4. Add tamarind juice and reduce the heat to medium-low and boil for 30 minutes without stir.
5. Add massaman curry into the pot. Season with fish sauce and palm sugar. Then, boil for 45 minutes on a medium heat.
6. Add potato and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add onion and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the rest of coconut milk. Boil for 10 minutes.
8. Add roasted peanuts and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.